With 2012 about 20 hours from beginning (at least here on the East Coast in the US) I thought this might be a good time to reflect upon the year that was for me and where I offer my deepest gratitude.
1. For my mother most specifically – she never gives up on me and has endured more than her share of watching me hard-scrabble through difficulties in life that no mother would find tolerable. Although sometimes she lets her Scorpio sting do the talking, for the most part she gives love and kindness when I know it must be extremely trying to do so. I know there are many things about me that she might not understand but I am grateful that she tries and keeps communicating with me.
2. For my brother Raymond – he may not know this but I think of him always with great affection and love. We’ve had a troubled relationship at times (we are only 10 months apart in age) but my love for him never wavers and I always want the best for him in his life. I’m glad he found someone (Lisa) to share his life with.
3. For my dear friend Suzanne – I know this has been a rough year and I am sending you all the magick possible that this new year will manifest beautifully. You inspire me with how you continue your education. You are fearless.
4. For my new friend Vanessa – your friendship is one of the best things that happened to me all year. It’s unusual how we came together as friends but triumphant in that we have surpassed such things and found help and support with each other.
5. For my wonderful clients – I am there for you always, offering to lend my ear, my magick, my support however I can to make your dreams and desires real. I share your joys and fears and elation as we work our way through spells and readings to make your lives better. You help me to make mine better by letting me help you.
6. For my dear friend Foo – you are always with me, you touch every part of my life in some way even though we are hemispheres apart. Writing with you and working on creative projects is one of the best things in my life. I am thrilled for your new family and the future.
7. For the lost ones – how I miss you my dear departed husband. My beloved familiar. My grandmother.
8. My extended family – my cousin Rick and how he is living his authentic life, my Auntie Marcia and Uncle Richard (my favorite Uncle, no secret here) who have a truly inspiring marriage and my Aunt Diane who is my mother’s best friend and does not hesitate to be truthful and honest to me through her. You are all in my thoughts and I am grateful to have you in my life.
9. My girl kitty Lucy and my mother’s kitty Timmon – thank Goddess for kittehs!
10. One of my favorite Beatles quotes sums it up for me:
“And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.”